The Port of Bodø has a Fisheries Quay for commercial fishing vessels in downtown Bodø, which has associated storage facilities.
Fishing vessels with a length overall up to 15 m
Specific berths at the Fisheries Quay are set aside for fishing vessels with a length overall of up to 15 m. As per the regulations, a fishing vessel is defined as a vessel used commercially for catching fish, whales, seals or other living resources of the sea. The Port of Bodø has a waiting list for fishing vessels wanting a berth and storeroom and conducts an annual review/allocation process.
The following criteria apply for allocation of fixed berths for fishing vessels:
- The fishing vessel must be listed in the Register of Norwegian Fishing Vessels and be under 15 m.
- The fisherman must be listed in the Register of Norwegian Fishermen.
- The vessel concerned must be registered in Bodø and the fisherman must be registered in the National Population Register as living in Bodø municipality.
It is possible to apply for exceptions from these criteria. However, such allocations cannot exceed one year.
The following order of priority applies when allocating fixed berths for fishing vessels:
- Vessels with high activity (public landing of catch) are given priority over vessels with less activity.
- In cases of vessels with equal priority, priority is given to the vessel that has been an applicant for the longest.
Vessels with fishermen in category A (main occupation) have agreements that are automatically renewed annually.
Vessels with fishermen in category B (part-time fishermen) have agreements that are automatically renewed annually providing there are no applicants on the waiting list with higher priority.
Vessels without public landing of catches lose their berth if there are vessels on the waiting list that meet the criteria for allocation of a berth.
If a vessel/fisherman has been allocated a berth, but no longer fulfils the activity requirement due to health reasons or shipwreck, the agreement is terminated after two years if there are others on the waiting list for a berth.
Fishing vessels that lose their berth at the Fisheries Quay and associated jetty because the berth is allocated to vessels with a higher priority are given priority on the waiting list for a berth elsewhere at the port.
Fishing vessels with a length overall over 15 m
Dues for the quay or jetty are invoiced based on the port tariffs. Fishing vessels with a length overall of over 15 m with the Port of Bodø as their home port can enter into separate agreements on price.