Machines and Equipment
The Port of Bodø has a large range of machines and vehicles and will gladly assist with small and large operations in the port area.
Machines and vehicles
The Port of Bodø’s fleet of machines consists of the following wheel loaders:
- Volvo L90 (large wheel loader)
- Volvo L35 (small wheel loader)
Both are equipped with snow plough blades, sand scatterers and snow shovels.
The Port of Bodø’s fleet of vehicles consists of the following:
- Toyota Hiace
- Volkswagen Transporter
- Nissan Pickup
The Port of Bodø also has a Mitsubishi Canter truck (under 7.5t), which is equipped with a crane and a three-way tipper.
In addition to various tools, the Port of Bodø’s workshop contains a vehicle lift and a traverse crane.
Work boat Solvik
Solvik is the Port of Bodø’s fire and work boat. The aluminium boat is 14.9 m long. The boat has a retractable hydraulic bow hatch, a 2,000-litre fire pump and a water cannon with foam equipment. There are points for securing cargo on deck. The boat is equipped with a towing hook, as well as a diving ladder at the stern. The boat also has a cabin with sleeping accommodation for four people under the wheelhouse.
- Length overall: 14.90 m
- Breadth: 4.50 m
- The fuel tank capacity is 1,200 litres, the freshwater tank holds 200 litres and the hydraulic tank 180 litres.
- Machinery: The propulsion system comprises of two 500 hp Sabb Iveco diesel engines, which are connected to two ZF 360 reduction gearboxes for operation of two Ultrajet 377 water jet systems with joystick control.
- Miscellaneous: The boat is equipped with a Palfinger 6500 hydraulic folding crane and hydraulic cams.
- The boat has rescue equipment for 16 people, including life raft, survival suits, lifebuoys with lights and a first aid kit.
Important to know when renting machines and equipment
- No machines or vehicles are rented out without operator/driver.
- Solvik is rented out with a skipper and one crew member. If the client can document that they can provide qualified crew, Solvik may be rented out with a skipper only.
- A minimum rental period of two hours applies for operations outside regular working hours.
To arrange rental of machines and equipment, please contact the Port Control: